Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Photoshop plugins

You can add to the power of your Photoshop Elements with free plugins. For this exercise I used two free plugins, Red Prince and Virtual Photographer.

I have always enjoyed the romance of photographs taken in the late 1900s. The original scanned color transparency was taken in Southern Bavaria.
Early film emulsions were orthochromatic, they were sensitive only to blue light. To duplicate that sensitivity I used the Blue Switch in the Red Prince plugin.
In photoshop I removed the color and adjusted the brightness and contrast to produce a pleasant BW image. I next made use of the Virual Photographer plugin and after some experimentation I chose the "Romance Filter". The next step was to adjust the tint to obtain a sepia like tone. The result is below.

Click on picture for larger image.

No comments: